Despite the storm and rain the race was held. Because the storm and rain are just weather events that are not allowed to spoil good mood, desire to run, have fun and dance with friends. Besides good music, loud neighbours (that stole our race center spot), we had great light so the event was complete.
Final number of starters was 256.
- 57 marathon, 46 starters, 35 finishers,
- 141 halfmarathon, 126 starters, 114 finishers.
- 6 relays
- 36 runners on 5km and
- not to forget the youngest and the bravest two kids wo ran their 200m despite the rain: Ilija Popadic i Arpad Varga.
We didn’t expect any parents with children because of the weather, since from 20:30h to 21:30 hell broke loose, but these guys came and achieved what they’ve came for!
This was an international event. We had runner from Slovenia, Macedonia, Croatia, Bosnia and Hercegovina and Montenegro. It was impressive that this many people came from that far for the first edition of an event. Not to forget are runners from Serbia from: Subotica, Apatin, Bor, Belgrade and other cities. The situation is for no comment – just for admiration.
- Sreten Ninkovic, Ub, 2:46:36,
- Nebojša Milenkovic 2:52:48 from OAK Beograd
- Filep Atila 2:53:22 from AK Apatin.
There was a single woman in the marathon race:
- Želimira Kopecki from Slavonski Brod, Croatia 3:40:35.
- Aleksandra Marinkov, 1:33:26,
- Baljevic Dragana, 1:35:49
- Tanja Radumilo, 1:45:02.
- Stević Branko 1:13:10,
- Dinjar Dražen 1:13:36.
- Miloš Milovanović 1:14:45.
Relay winners are “ARK Maratonci”: Bojana Kačar, Viktor Nemet and Velibor Kajtez, and the fastest runner on 5km was Nemanja Cvjetić.
Thanks to everyone who contributed to this event with a bright future!
The event was not just about the competition. You can find that anywhere. We tried and hopefully succeeded to make somethin different and fun through this event. For that were responsible young rock bands, fire dancers and our big neighbours from Exit Reload party.
This was a new running movement, that first wants to have fun, and then everything else. We were happy to be able to host MK Delta from Skoplje, Macedonia,
MK 1893 from Belgrade, but also Maratonjare from Kutina, Croatia. It was our pleasure to be your hosts and we are looking forward to host you again in 2011. 🙂